The Employer, the Development Commission of Makkah and Mashaaer (DCOMM) is inviting contractors to prequalify, deadline 26.05.2014, for Mecca (or Makkah) Public Transport Program (MPTP or “Program”) Metro Phase 1 Systems Works comprising of the following systems:
1) Track work (including 3rd Rail) for the Mainline and the Depot;
2) Rail Systems, including Rail Systems for Depot , to include Medium and Low Voltage Power Supply, Traction Power Supply, Signalling, Telecommunication, AFC (Automatic Fare Collection), PSD (Platform Screen Doors) & SDO (Segregation Doors), ICS (Integrated Control System) & OCC (Operation and Control Center);
3) Architectural Works and Fit-Out for Stations, OCC, Headquarters, Depot and Various Ancillary Buildings
4) MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) for Stations, OCC, Headquarters, Depot and Various Ancillary Buildings and Tunnels
4) Overall System Integration
MPTP Metro Phase 1 consists of Section 1 and Section 2. Section 1, mostly underground, is about metro Line B and the northwestern part of metro Line C. Section 1 comprises 24.8 km of guideway and 12 stations. Section 2, above ground, is in southeastern part of metro Line C. Section 2 comprises 20.3 km of guideway and 10 stations, together with the Depot (civil shell and core).
The MPTP Metro Phase 1 Metro Works will be procured on a design-build basis under four separate contracts. For application submission purposes contact Development Commission of Makkah and Mashaaer, MMRTC Office, Makkah Al Mukarramah, att.n Managing Director of Makkah Public Transport Program and CEO of Makkah Mass Rail Transit Company, tel + 966 12 567 3987, e-mail Metro@makkahtransit.org. Visit woth http://makkahtransit.com/Attachments/FINAL%20PQD%20for%20System%20Works%20-%2023%20March%202014%20Rev%2000.pdf. 13/14.
The consortium Isolux Corsan (Spain), Kolin Insaat Turizm Sanayi ve Ticaret (Turkey) and Haif Company (Saudi Arabia) has been appointed as preferred bidder to build lines B and C of the Makkah Metro project, value EUR2.3 billion. Mecca Metro will begin the negotiation with the consortium with a view to signing the contract in the next few months.
The 11.9 km-long Line B section will include the construction of three stations. The 13 km-long Line C section will include the construction of six stations and two big interchange stations.
The contract includes the construction of stations and interchange stations with civil works, access ramps, grand roofs, canopies, and tunnels. Tunnels are divided in the different sections according to different construction methods : 19,616 m by drill/blast, 8,740 m by TBM and 4,105 m in cut/cover. The project will include more than 1,175 m of viaducts and pedestrian underpasses. Click here for more. Visit http://makkahtransit.org/. 30/15.