International employment specialist iPS is seeking a London-based SCL inspector with five years experience.
For one of our clients we are looking for SCL Inspector.
Reporting to the CRL Site Manager, the SCL Tunnel Inspector is responsible for inspecting all SCL tunnel construction and monitoring the continuous SCL site activities at the tunnel face during a shift. The Tunnel Inspector will spend most of their shift in the vicinity of the working face(s) but will be required to monitor the quality and execution of other works as directed by the Project Field Engineer/Engineering Manager. The role requires an active relationship with the Contractor to ensure the sequencing and quality of the work (including the use of Toolbox Items where necessary) in order to produce an end product that meets the design intent.
The SCL Tunnel Inspectors will have to be present at headings or principal work areas most of the time and during all major construction activities.
SCL mining activities are anticipated to take place 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. To provide full coverage throughout the construction activity, SCL Tunnel Inspectors will be expected to work rotating shifts between the sites.
The SCL Inspector is required to work closely and share information with the Mott MacDonald SCL Engineers as required and directed by the PFE/EM.
Your tasks and responsibilities as a SCL Inspector will be:
- Be familiar with and ensure the Contractor's work is carried out safely and in compliance with accepted Method Statements, Risk Assessments and current legislation and to carry out H&S Audits as required by the Construction Manager. To escalate issues arising and seek intervention where required.
- Ensure quality of the works is maintained at all times acting as delegate of the CRL PFE/Supervisor.
- Organise receipt of, and comment on Contractor Daily Reports, Barcharts and Plant & Labour returns.
- Assure correct tunnel sequence, primary lining support, additional support, waterproofing (sprayed and sheet) and secondary lining (sprayed and in-situ concrete) as specified in the contract documents, Contractor's work plans and RESS.
- Fill in Shift reports which monitor and record progress of all SCL tunneling activities during the shift in discussion with the Contractor's SCL Shift Superintendent/Pit Boss and Engineering staff.
- Record productivity and progress throughout the shift including use of any temporary measures employed and, in particular, identify, record and
The requirements for the ideal candidate for the position of SCL Inspector are:
- Minimum of 5 years experience;
- Must hold an appropiate CSCS card;
- Preferably living in London.
Are you interested in the position of SCL Inspector?
Please contact Louise Langholm Colle at +31 (0)10 44794 94 or apply immediately via L.LangholmColle@ipspowerfulpeople.com